Moosrvigoreac Admin replied

293 weeks ago

Outlander Full Movie Hd 1080p

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b During the reign of the Vikings, Kainan, a man from a far-off world, crash lands on Earth, bringing with him an alien predator known as the Moorwen. Though both man and monster are seeking revenge for violence committed against them, Kainan leads the alliance to kill the Moorwen by fusing his advanced technology with the Viking's Iron Age weaponry.
In 709 AD, in the Iron Age, a spacecraft crashes in the Viking kingdom of Herot, Norway, and the pilot Kainan survives. He turns the beacon on; learns the language and culture of the planet using a machine; and finds that the predator, Moorwen, that he was transporting, had escaped. While chasing the alien monster, he finds a village completely destroyed and is arrested by the warrior Wulfric, believing that he killed the locals - Kainan is brought to Herot as a prisoner.
Not much to add - except to say how pleased I am that Jim Caviezel has managed to resurrect his career after the Passion of Christ.<br/><br/>Since I need to fill at least ten lines, I&#39;ll mention the negative reviews I just surfed through. While no one is required to agree with the positive reviews, many of the negative reviews require you to either agree or be sent to &#39;Can&#39;t tell a good movie from bad&#39; Hell. It doesn&#39;t seem enough to say, &#39;I didn&#39;t like it for these reasons&#39; and detail the movie&#39;s flaws. Instead, vitriol seems the fuel of choice and irrationality the engine.<br/><br/>The comparisons to Lord of the Rings (which I think stunk, especially Elijah Wood&#39;s Frodo and his one-note angst) and Beowulf fall flat; Outlander shares nothing with either. Beowulf is, more than anything else, about the isolation of the individual (a constant theme of Old English poetry) and LotR is a grand epic (book, not movie) of massive forces playing out the battle of Good vrs Evil. It does share a lot with The 13th Warrior and, in terms of atmosphere and general story line, suffers from the comparison. Warriors is tighter, has better atmospheric effects, like the first attack of the humanoid creatures, with its stream of lights winding down the hills culminating in a truly terrifying battle, but suffers from the lack of a &#39;Hero&#39; you can identify with; the Muslim 13th warrior doesn&#39;t behave like a Muslim, which is a problem, and left me flat (feel free to disagree). Caviezel gives Outlander that &#39;Hero&#39; and, in my opinion, makes, along with Sophia Myles as Freya, the movie; both providing reason to ignore the movies flaws (such, as with the over-long lingering-in-the-cave that climaxes Warrior, the messy, over-long final battle with the Moorwen in Outlander).<br/><br/>Another constant of the negative reviews is historical accuracy, lack of.<br/><br/>Folks, we don&#39;t know how 8th Century Vikings (Norse, Swedish or Dane) lived, in detail, and so they&#39;re always portrayed as boisterous, lustful drunks except when they&#39;re raiding: the best example I know of being The Vikings (1958), with two ethnically inappropriate actors (Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis, neither of Scandinavian ancestry) being caste as Norse. Even if we did know the day-to-day details of Norse life, we&#39;re talking fantasy films, not documentaries.<br/><br/>So, I&#39;ve done better than ten lines and I&#39;ll repeat that Claudio Carvalho, Wonderful Adventure, got it right.<br/><br/>My nine stars is based on Caviezel and Myles&#39; performances along with a script that doesn&#39;t embarrass them.
Well…first I thought it would be a disaster,but after I saw the movie,I have to say it&#39;s not that bad.It has some interesting ideas, but I could swear I had already saw a couple things in other movies.For instance:the set appears to be identical with the set from &quot;the 13&#39;th warrior&quot;,there are a little something from the &quot;alien&quot; movies and of course don&#39;t forget the &quot;Planet of the apes&quot;(the modern version of course). Now the bad things….actually for the first time it wasn&#39;t so obvious,but later a realized a couple things.<br/><br/>How the pilot could not see the horseman coming?the bush wasn&#39;t so dense.<br/><br/>Why they thought that the beast was a bear?The village had at least 6 m high walls.How the bear could have cross the wall?<br/><br/>How can a girl with a body of a model raise a heavy sword with one arm and fight?<br/><br/>How could one beast kill all of the people from the colony?They didn&#39;t leave a single guard?<br/><br/>How could a beast with the size of a truck just hide in a spaceship with the size of a commercial airliner? <br/><br/>And finally the real deal! A single beast was able to kill all of the people from the colony and the spaceship (which was so advanced,with guns and other stuff),yet it was killed by a single man(and of course a lovely babe) with a sword which was crafted by a viking blacksmith from the iron age, with viking technology(a hammer and fire)from the remains of a spaceship?C&#39;mon!!!!!!<br/><br/>And the list just goes on….
Not helped by a wooden perf from Jim Caviezel as a humanoid alien who accidentally imports a real alien to eighth-century Earth.
Outlander was first conceived by director Howard McCain as similar, but not based on, the classic Old English epic poem Beowulf but with Viking overtones. When McCain later joined with Hollywood screenwriter Dirk Blackman to produce the screenplay, Blackman added science fiction elements to the story by changing the main characters into aliens. In an interview with Sci Fi Wire, principal actor <a href="/name/nm0001029/">Jim Caviezel</a> described Outlander as &quot;kind of like <a href="/title/tt0112573/">Braveheart (1995)</a> (1995) and <a href="/title/tt0091203/">Highlander (1986)</a> (1986) combined.&quot; The movie states that the story takes place in 709 A.D. Norway, although it actually was shot around Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Laborador in Canada. The language he speaks at the start is Old Norse, the precurser from which modern Scandinavian languages such as Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian, and Swedish originated. The actors were coached in Old Norse/Icelandic by an Icelandic professor. Yes. The Department of English at McMaster University, (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) has placed the text to Beowulf online here. The choice of reading it in old English or translated into modern English is facilitated.
Computer Warriors full movie in hindi 1080p downloadSomething Fishy full movie online freeSpaced movie in tamil dubbed downloadThe Bourne Ultimatum full movie download in hindiChrysaline full movie hd 1080p download kickass movieMoonraker movie download in mp4Venom in hindi downloadFight to the Finish 720p torrentLancaster movie hindi free downloadEpisode 1.3 tamil dubbed movie free download
Please log in to post a reply.